The third VIRGO-EGO-SIGRAV School on Gravitational Waves is organized by the Virgo Project and the Italian Society of General Relativity and Gravitation (SIGRAV).
The European Gravitational Observatory (EGO) consortium will sponsor the school.
Date and place
- The third VIRGO-EGO-SIGRAV School on Gravitational Waves will be held at the European Gravitational Observatory, site of the VIRGO Project in Cascina (PI), Italy, from Monday May 24th to Friday May 28th 2004
- The School is designed to teach young physicists and engineers on gravitational waves their astrophysical sources and on the technologies involved in their detection. The School is open to students searching for a degree thesis argument, to PhD students and to post-docs. The number of participants will be around 40 students.
- Participants will be accommodated in hotels in Pisa downtown. A list of hotels is provided. Hotel rooms have to be reserved by the participants themselves. The lodging cost will be paid by the participants.
- The working language of the School will be English. There will be no simultaneous translation. Participants should therefore have sufficient understanding of English to enable them to benefit from the School.
- The travel expenses will be paid by the participants themselves. A shuttle bus is provided to reach the Virgo Project site where lessons are held, to reach the restaurant for lunch, and come back to Pisa downtown at the end of lessons, every day. The meeting point in the morning will be communicated.