The 1st VESF School on Gravitational Waves is organized by the Virgo-EGO scientific forum.
Date and place
- The 1st VESF School on Gravitational Waves will be held at European Gravitational Observatory, site of VIRGO Project in Cascina (PI), Italy, from Monday, May 22nd to Friday May 26th 2006
- Participants will be accommodated in hotels in Pisa downtown. The lodging cost will be paid by EGO.
- The working language of the School will be English. There will be no simultaneous translation. Participants should therefore have sufficient understanding of English.
- The travel expenses will be paid by the participants themselves. A shuttle bus is provided to reach the Virgo Project site and to come back to Pisa center after the lectures every day. The meeting point in the morning will be communicated.
- Participants should ensure that they are adequately insured for health and accidents for the duration of the School and during their travel.
- No conference fee is required.
All participants will be provided with lunch and two coffee breaks starting from the morning of May 22nd 2006, and ending in the afternoon of May 26th 2006, and with the use of the shuttle bus from Pisa centre to Virgo Project site in Cascina and back. Dinners are not provided, except for a social dinner (date is to be decided). No reimbursement for travel or other kind of expenses is foreseen.
- It is expected that funding to cover travel and other expenses will be provided by the student’s institution. However students who are not supported by their Institution can apply for financial support with a declaration of their Director.
- The application form can be downloaded here
The completed application form, together with a (or more) formal letter(s) of reference from their professor or supervisor, a brief curriculum vitae, and a summary of their present work, should reach the School Secretariat (the Scientific Secretariat
) by April the 14th 2006. Admission to the School will be decided by the Scientific and Organizing Committee and students will be informed of the outcome of their application by May the 5th.