Collaboration and the CNRS
EGO Consortium have set-up a Forum where participating astrophysicists and theorists contribute to the further development of scientific knowledge around Virgo.
It is the purpose of the Virgo–EGO Scientific Forum (VESF
) to enlarge the research community around the present Virgo collaboration by providing individual participants and institutions interested with scientific opportunities of stimulating research, publications, and all other scientific activities.
includes the members of the Virgo Collaboration and scientists interested in gravitational wave research from other laboratories, observatories and institutions.
scope, functions and organization are detailed in its Charter
As foreseen in the Charter, the VESF governing body is its Council.
The Council elects the members of the Executive Board which, in turn, appoints the VESF Coordinator.
The Executive Board (EB) is currently formed by:
Among the VESF core activities are the funding of fellowships and the organization of schools on gravitational waves.
- The VESF EB has initiated a restructuring of the VESF role and mandate
in order to meet the needs of the Virgo project in the decade in which the
first unambiguous GW signals will likely be detected. To this aim changes
were introduced in the VESF charter
along the following lines:
- revision of the VESF goals, in order to foster participation of a larger community and to help coordinate and run multimessenger programs;
- update of the VESF responsibilities;
- streamlining the VESF procedures, Council composition, Executive Board election etc.
- The 2015 VESF Census
has begun: new deadline is 2015 April 10th
- The call for 2015 VESF Fellowships is now open
For information on VESF, please contact the EGO Scientific Secretariat:
Tel: +39 050 752325
Postal address: via E. Amaldi
56021 S. Stefano a Macerata - Cascina (PI)