EGO Directorate team
EGO director is appointed by the EGO Council and is the legal representative and chief executive of EGO.
The directorate team of EGO is composed by the director, the administrative deputy director, the technical deputy director and the assistant to the director.
- EGO Director: Stavros Katsanevas
- EGO administrative deputy director: Barbara Sacchettini
- EGO technical deputy director: Christian Olivetto
- EGO director assistant: Sarodia Vydelingum
Attached to the direction are:
- Communication Responsible: Vincenzo Napolano
- European project Office: Francesca Spagnuolo
- Outreach Office: Valero Boschi
- Safety and Security: Carlo Fabozzi
- Data Processing Infrastructure Coordinator: Franco Carbognani
- Data Science Office: Elena Cuoco
For Technological and Administration responsibilities EGO’s Director is assisted by the Technical Deputy Director, the Administrative Deputy Director and by five Heads Department, who respectively manage:
Administration, Budget management for EGO including upgrade projects of Virgo interferometer, Human Resources and European projects of which EGO is the leader or co-manager from the European Commission.
- Department Head: Barbara Sacchettini
Information Technology manages the computing, storage and network systems at the EGO site providing the IT infrastructure for the control of the Virgo Interferometer, the running of the on-line data analysis and the data exchange with the external computing centers and the other detectors, working actively in the software development for many subsystems.
- Department Head: Antonella Bozzi
Interferometer Technology, in charge of operations maintenance, participates of upgrade and running operation of Virgo interferometer. The ITF department is based on tree main expertises Optics benches and injection beam light, Electronics low noise and Environment Noise analysis and mitigation.
- Department Head: Vincenzo Dattilo
General Infrastructure, Management of all infrastructure facilities, services, supplies needs and all EGO site buildings and facilities for VIRGO interferometer running needs.
Department Head: Andrea Paoli
Vacuum & Mechanics, Management of operation, maintenance and upgrades of the Virgo Vacuum System and provides support for mechanical design and on-site workshop capability.
Department Head: Antonio Pasqualetti